Peppermint Protein Ice Cream
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt (original recipe calls for 2% but skim milk can be used)
- 1 peppermint candy (optional, we usually omit this)
- 1/2 cup table salt
1. Mix all ingredients together EXCEPT candy and salt in a bowl.
2. Pour mixture into sandwiched-sized resealable bag and add crushed candy pieces.
3. Fill a gallon-sized bag half way with ice and table salt. Place small bag into big bag and seal.
4. Shake the bag vigorously until mixture becomes creamy.
5. Remove bag and rinse off salt. Serve cold.
* Variation: Add 1 tbsp cocoa powder and walnuts, omit the candy.
[Recipe credit: Oxygen Magazine - December Issue]
- tinateresahixson likes this
- wholewheatcatrina likes this
- offthegridgirl reblogged this from haveyourcakeandbefittoo
- cloudyseaglass likes this
- babyrockon reblogged this from haveyourcakeandbefittoo
- broslikethischick likes this
- tempermentaldeletion reblogged this from haveyourcakeandbefittoo and added:
- lerefrigerateur reblogged this from haveyourcakeandbefittoo
- remipurnell likes this
- life-fitness-glamour likes this
- titipu likes this
- amanduhsays likes this
- fat-assassin likes this
- haveyourcakeandbefittoo posted this