preheat oven to 450F
- 2 rutabagas, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tsp potato starch or cornstarch
- 2 T. olive oil
- tiny tiny tiny pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Spray baking sheet with Pam or similar cooking spray.
Slice off the top and bottom of the rutabagas, so the ends look flat. Then cut off the skin with a sharp paring knife by cutting against the curve of the flesh. A veggie peeler won’t do it. Cut into 1/4 inch matchsticks.
Toss the starch with the rutabagas, then add the olive oil (and optional salt, if using).
Spread the rutabagas on the prepared baking sheet. Bake, flipping twice, for 25 - 30 minutes, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Remove with a metal spatula and toss Mrs. Dash or similar to further season.
You can adjust the olive oil to suit your tastes, however, be sure to lower the starch, too, if you lower the oil.
This recipe is simple to reduce for one person or double/quadruple for more people.
- livetobenottolose reblogged this from haveyourcakeandbefittoo
- the-courage-2-grow reblogged this from haveyourcakeandbefittoo
- wildstrawberry-getfit likes this
- wildstrawberry-getfit reblogged this from haveyourcakeandbefittoo
- rachelsfithealth likes this
- justelll likes this
- haveyourcakeandbefittoo posted this